Next Generation Accelerated Characterisation Technologies
- To provide a state-of-the art, flexible facility to support world-leading research on accelerated nuclear characterisation and remediation technologies
- To lead in the development of automated and rapid measurement techniques for in-situ, on-site and off-site radionuclide measurement, including those that can be integrated into robotic delivery systems
- To develop technologies and enhanced methodologies for separation, characterisation and remediation of complex waste forms including oils, sludges, and reactive metals
- To promote monitoring and characterisation technology transfer from the non-nuclear sector (including the latest ocean / aerospace / oil and gas sensor developments) by facilitating testing of novel technologies in a nuclear relevant environment
- To lead in the development of robust method testing and validation processes for in-situ and on-site characterisation
- To provide a comprehensive training platform for the next generation of radiochemists, site engineers and other nuclear professionals
- To act as a focal point for international collaboration in the field of radionuclide separation, radioanalytical chemistry, characterisation and remediation technologies.